Hillsdale Investment Management Inc. is expanding with an exciting opportunity to join our Institutional Investment Services Team (IIS), as an Investment Solutions Specialist, Senior Associate.
Hillsdale Investment Management Inc. is expanding with an exciting opportunity to join our Institutional Investment Services Team (IIS), as an Investment Solutions Specialist, Senior Associate. The successful candidate will play a hands-on role in designing and producing our investment content to drive future expansion and growth.
The IIS Team is responsible for creating all investment content to service clients and attract new clients in North America. The Team’s solutions approach tailors all communications to meet the needs of clients and prospects collaborating closely with the Portfolio Management, Investment Research and Data Engineering Team.
Hillsdale has been recognized as a Great Place to Work for our industry and across Canada.
Your success is grounded in your skill at, learning, understanding, filtering and articulating Hillsdale’s body of investment knowledge. This knowledge will empower you to:
- Intuitively transform advanced quantitative investment analysis into client friendly solutions that effectively explains our research as a client advantage.
- Craft meaningful new business presentations and compelling RFPs clearly communicating the benefits and value add of our investment process.
- Target investment content that conveys the value proposition for a specific client need while identifying opportunities to deploy at scale.
- Contribute to the design, enhancement, and sustainment of all institutional deliverables.
- Further the development and implementation of an RFP machine.
- Participate in meetings advancing your skills in understanding client/prospect needs.
- Produce thought leadership content contributing to Hillsdale’s branding and positioning.
- Ensure that all client communications are aligned with the highest quality of Hillsdale’s best practices.
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
This multi-faceted and fluid role requires core knowledge of the process of quantitative investing, institutional communications and presentations, and statistical analysis. You are eager to learn, pro-active, and responsive to feedback and guidance. Your qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in creating and designing investment content and marketing initiatives.
- A minimum of 3 years of working experience in Canadian and/or U.S investment banking, investment consulting and research, asset management, institutional business development, institutional servicing experience, etc.
- You thrive in a dynamic and stimulating environment with continuous feedback.
- A strong understanding of quantitative investing and statistics.
- Top percentile analytical skills with a keen attention to detail.
- A natural aptitude to design clear, concise, and visually appealing content.
- An ability to contribute to the Team vibe by maintaining a culture of collegiality and respect.
- An entrepreneurial results driven mindset striving to achieve high levels of individual, Team, and firm performance.
- An ability to manage tight deadlines and competing priorities.
- Proven relationship building skills across all levels and functions.
- Outstanding intuition and logic, analysis, and problem-solving skills with the ability to see the big picture.
- Excellent MS Office skills, particularly PowerPoint and Excel.
- Minimum of a B. Com or similar with a CFA Charter. An MBA is desirable.
- Trilingualism (English/French or Spanish) is an asset.
- We are looking for a candidate that resides in Canada or the U.S.A.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Competitive salary, performance bonus, paid vacation time and generous retirement funds matching.
- Health Care Spending Account.
- Professional Development, ongoing mentorship, and growth opportunities/defined career pathing.
- Staff VIP treatment with team building and monthly employee appreciation events.
- Gym membership and ergonomic workstations.
- Charitable giving program matches your donations and supports your volunteer interests.
- Access to an in-house personal Financial Advisor.
- Flexible work environment and commuting reimbursement when you do work in the office.
- Centrally located office at King and Bay, enjoy a kitchen stocked with food, catered lunch, and remarkable views of Toronto and Lake Ontario.
- Thriving in a high-performance, knowledge-driven culture!
Hillsdale Investment Management Inc. (Hillsdale) is an independent, employee-controlled, and client-aligned investment boutique managing investments on behalf of a select group of sophisticated institutional and private wealth investors. We are renowned for designing systematic, bespoke investment strategies across a diverse set of objectives including over 15 investment strategies focusing on high alpha, ESG, customized and smart beta. We are committed to producing the highest quality equity investment strategies and to delivering client service excellence. Hillsdale is recognized for both investment and service excellence – a reflection of our relentless pursuit of research and development and the dedication of our employees who invest alongside our clients.
Hillsdale is an equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We encourage applications from people of all abilities and will provide reasonable accommodations upon request. Not sure if you qualify? Apply anyway! Our workforce comes from diverse backgrounds and industries. Please forward a cover letter, resume and a portfolio or sample work to [email protected]. We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.